BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Discoveries


Wildlife
No, I'm not talking about Pepe! We are very happy to find out about the wildlife that is sometimes seen on our property. Larry, his uncle, cousin and I saw about 14 quail back in December. This past weekend, Pepe and I flushed about 40 dove. I spoke with the previous owner today and learned that he has seen deer in the area and a couple of pairs of pheasants. Apparently, the draw just west of us is dry and the deer are coming up for water in the horse troughs. Our first project will be building a guzzler. That is a system of collecting rainwater, then making it available to wildlife. Here's a link for more information.

http://www.wildlifewaterguzzler.com/

Unfortunate Wildlife
The previous owner killed 12 prairie rattlers (surprisingly not diamondbacks) during the first two years he lived there. He found the den and destroyed it. I think I'll be buying snake boots!
I'm so excited and get more excited after each visit. Everytime I go out there I find something new. It's very exciting! I can't wait to start working on it!



0 comments: